At Zepl we are looking for a self-motivated Customer Support Engineer responsible for helping resolve customers’ technical and functional inquiries and gathering information about their issues and new feature requests. The candidate will also help develop self-service content including FAQs, chat-bot content, and knowledgebase content.
At Zepl, we’re on a mission to help customers use their data as a competitive advantage. Since we released our open source data science notebook, Apache Zeppelin, we’ve had more than 500,000 downloads worldwide. Since we released the Zepl enterprise data science and analytics platform that helps companies scales to hundreds and thousands of users, we have over 10,000 Zeplers on the SaaS and Cloud Native solution. We are fueling our growth through partnerships with Snowflake and AWS and are looking someone who wants a career-defining opportunity at pre-IPO company with a proven, results-oriented management team.
The ideal candidate will have a broad range of skills and experience which may range from cloud computing environments; common data science programming languages such as Python, Scala, R; experience working with open source or commercial data science notebooks; and technical or functional support skills and/or engaging directly with customers in a consultative engagement. You will have the communication and leadership skills to help resolve customers business and technical issues with the product and provide confident responses to inquiries. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills to connect with a wide variety of technical and business audiences via audio and video conferencing as well as email or Slack. You may be very technical or mildly technical but you will not be intimidated to expand your knowledge and be comfortable talking to people with deeper skills than your own. Your teammates have the flexibility, adaptability and willingness to jump in and do whatever needs to get done to make Zepl and our customers successful. You will engage with technical and non-technical customers and be able to bridge that communication gap.
Roles and Responsibilities
- CSE will monitor all inbound channels including Slack, email, Intercom and telephone calls to gather details on customer issues and help drive their successful resolution
- CSE will become an expert with the Zepl product and be able to articulate its usage and functionality to current users in support of its usage and adoption
- CSE will monitor the case backlog and work to drive all issues to successful resolution with Services, Engineering or Product Management while documenting the steps and actions taken
- CSE will be in frequent contact with customers to report on progress of their cases and to gather additional information when necessary to assist other with closing cases.
- CSE will gather necessary reports to co-deliver quarterly business reviews with Customer Success Managers to review case history and open backlog (led by Customer Success Manager)
- CSE will be comfortable and confident delivering company messages back to customer regarding their open requests or cases even when that message may not be well-received by customer
- CSE will be very comfortable escalating issues internally to drive issues to closure while not
- CSE will be Zepl’s internal customer advocate representing the needs and interests of our customers to drive their open cases to adequate conclusion and resolution while respecting and representing Zepl’s business plans and strategies
- CSE will be responsible for listening for expansion opportunities at customers where the Zepl solution can add further value
- CSE will be responsible for developing and maintaining self-service content and documentation for customers to resolve their issues including knowledgebase content, FAQs, chatbot content
- 2+ years in a technology or support role with technical elements
- Analytical skills to develop creative solutions to complex issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to engage with technical and non-technical users
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong desire to be a leader and member of a collaborative team across Product Support, Customer Success, Engineering, and Product Management to drive successful closure of open customer cases.
- Basic project management skills to ensure successful issue resolution
- Familiarity with programming languages used in data science such as Python, R, Scala, SQL
- Familiarity with third party data visualization libraries such as Plotly, Matplotib, Nivo;
- Familiarity with Spark
- Experience being an influencer able to get things done without the requisite authority
- Enjoys teaching, mentoring, coaching others
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time to customer or partner sites when required to resolve issues
Industry Experience (Desired, not Required)
- Hardware or Software Technology
- Financial Services (Banking, Insurance, Finance)
- IoT-related industries
- Life Sciences (Pharma, Medical Devices)
Education (Desired, not Required)
- Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science